Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Birdhouse Fun!


The Route 66 stamp from Viva Las Vegastamps! was my inspiration this week for this cute little birdhouse ornament.


I started with some basic supplies:

Route 66 stamp from Viva Las Vegastamps!
Wooden Birdhouse Ornament
Scrapbook paper scraps
Vintage Gold Fine Glitter
Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Distress Crackle Paint - Rock Candy

I cut scrapbooking paper just a tad smaller than each side of the birdhouse - distressed each edge and glued it down using 3D Crystal Lacquer.  I inked the edges with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to give it a rustic look and to take away the new look of the wood.

For the roof - I used paper that had small license plates (Tim Holtz) which look like shingles and gave it a coat of Rock Candy Distress Crackle to make it look aged.  At the bottom I added a layer of Gem Particles and finished off the bottom edge with fine glitter.  The stamped image was stamped and embossed, cut out and aged with Distress Ink in Old paper and Vintage Photo.

This was a fun FAST project!

For more creative inspiration - visit Sakura Hobby Crafts blog
and for product info, check out

Enjoy!









No comments: