Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Summer Memories Vintage Tag


This month I'm featuring a stamp from VivaLasVegaStamps! along with Sakura Hobby Craft products!  I created this fun vintage beach tag using the following items.

Manila Tag
Scrapbook paper scraps
Flourish rubberstamp - Tim Holtz
Film Strip Ribbon - Tim Holtz
Vintage Ticket sticker
Hinge Clip - Tim Holtz
charms from my stash
Distress Inks - Old Paper & Vintage Photo


I started with distressing the edges of the manila tag using distress ink.  I cut my scrapbook paper scrap the size of the tag and distressed the edges using a Zutter Distrezz It All to really rough up the edges and make it a little smaller than the tag.  I stamped the girl image on plain white cardstock using black distress ink and embossed her with clear embossing powder.  I aged the white cardstock with distress ink in old paper and vintage photo on the edges.


I stamped a flourish image over the scrapbook paper using StazOn ink in black and outlined some of the flourish with brown Crystal Color Lacquer.  I set this aside for a few hours before I finished assembling the tag.


Creating the film strip was a little time consuming - but turned out really cool!  I just cut small face images from scraps of scrapbooking paper - here I was using Graphic 45's Bathing Beauties - one of my all time favs!  I placed a dot of Crystal Lacquer on top of the image and then pressed the film strip over it.  To finish the tag, I adhered a vintage ticket sticker behind the clipped on film strip ribbon and added some fun charms.

You can find amazing rubberstamps from VivaLasVegaStamps! here

Visit Sakura Hobby Craft's website for product info & project ideas.

and visit Sakura's Blog to see all of their design teams creations!

Have a great week!










No comments: